Club championships will commence on the coming Thursday 28th April at 7.30.
These are the arrangements:
There will be 3 sections (depending on entry numbers) based on the latest published icu ratings.
A: 1500 +
B: 1200 – 1599
C: up to 1199
- Open to all current members of Rathmines Chess Club
- 5 round swiss
- 1 game per week
- Rate of play 90mins + 15secs increment per move or 105mins all moves (quickplay finish rules apply) if agreed by both players
- ICU Rated (to be included on September rating list)
- Entry fee of €5 – to be paid to John Maher
- Last year’s champions may play in higher section
- The final round will be played over the final week of May and the first week of June
- In the event of a tie for first place the champion will be the determined by rapid play-off (25mins each, unrated) to take place on the Thursday immediately following the final round
- entries will be taken on the opening night