As the league season nears the end, the final round is on Sunday April 29th in the ALSAA Sports Club.
As usual our club championships take place after the leagues and are scheduled to finish by the start of June after five rounds.
- Open to all current members of Rathmines Chess Club
- 5 round swiss
- 1 game per week
- Rate of play 90mins + 15secs increment per move or 105mins all moves (quickplay finish rules apply) if agreed by both players
- ICU Rated – including an opportunity for unrated members to get on the rating list
- Entry fee of €5 – to be paid to John Maher
- Last year’s champions may play in higher section
- In the event of a tie for first place the champion will be the determined by rapid play-off (25mins each, unrated) to take place on the Thursday immediately following the final roundThe schedule is as follows:
round 1: Thursday May 3rd
round 2: Thursday May 10th
round 3: Thursday May 17th
round 4: Thursday May 24nd
round 5: Thursday May 31st
All rounds start at 7.30pm.
Entries by as soon as possible to controller, Tony Bermingham, in any of the following ways:
reply to this post, or
email firstname.lastname@example.org, or
on notice in club, or
directly to Tony